Saturday, September 11, 2010

What 9/11 means to me [Updated]

In case I have any readers here who aren't friends on Facebook, this is what I said there about 9/11:

I remember 9/11. And the moral I take from it is this: Islam is the problem. We must defy and oppose Islam. It is a major problem that nine years after 9/11, our country is far, far more deferential to Islam than it was before, far more afraid to say that Islam is _not_ a religion of peace. Take off the blinders, America! This is what 9/11 means.

P.S. If anyone hears about whether Bob Old of Tennessee actually burned a Koran and posted it on Youtube, let me know and post a link. I'm very curious.

Ah, here we go: Bob Old followed through. And there was some poor woman (whose husband is in Afghanistan) outside his house saying, "Someone's got to stand up for our troops." Say, what? We are insane.

More pictures of...er...related incidents, including a video link to another pastor, at VFR here.
I really have to hand it to Lawrence Auster. He has his readers inspired to take oaths not to submit to Islam even at the cost of their lives. Pretty impressive.

9 comments:

William Luse said...

Haven't heard of Bob Old. All I've seen in the news is that guy in Gainesville who wants to do the same thing.

Lydia McGrew said...

The guy in Gainesville (Terry Jones) called it off. Old, in Tennessee, said he wouldn't call it off no matter what.

Btw, Jones received a visit from the FBI shortly before calling it off...Intimidation? Nah. Couldn't be.

William Luse said...

Gotta protect those Muslim sensibilities, while our president takes this occasion to do the same, rather than inspire us to be on guard, and to do battle with the enemy.

gcallah said...

Ah, no, it's haters like Lydia who are the problem.

Lydia McGrew said...

I've published one version of Gene Callahan's comment. (There were two nearly identical.) I'm assuming it's meant to be facetious. Mr. Callahan, if you're a fan (your name is familiar, and I therefore think perhaps we've had some positive correspondence), I apologize if I sound a little bit distant and if I don't remember you clearly.

However, it might turn out that the above comment isn't facetious. I'll just wait and see. If so, well, I can always use comments moderation to screen.

William Luse said...

He's being facetious.

Anonymous said...

You exemplify everything that's wrong with America.

Lydia McGrew said...

You're doubtless right, Bill. This Anon one isn't, though.

But hey, Mark Shea says I'm a "hater." And I'll bet he doesn't even read Extra Thoughts. Must've been my proposal to stop Muslim prison chaplains that did it.

Lydia McGrew said...

Sorry, maybe the term wasn't "hater" at Shea's. But it was "barking mad." Really. Check it out.